For more than a century businesses have wanted an army of robots available to perform high-risk or mind-numbing work instead of paying a human employee to do such work. Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Process Automation have made that robot army a reality allowing businesses to eliminate human error from repetitive tasks and improved efficiency and profitability while innovating and transforming digitally.
What is Robotic Process Automation, (RPA) and Intelligent Process Automation, (IPA)
RPA is a form of business process automation based on technologically enabled digital workers based on software commonly referred to as “Bots” that are used for automating repetitive tasks and end-to-end processes. Benefits cited include an increase in productivity, elimination of errors, and reduction of expenses.
- Increase Speed and Accuracy
- Increase Productivity
- Increase Flexibility
- Demonstrate Compliance
- Improve Employee Morale
- Communication Augmentation
IPA is a complementary set of modern technologies designed to transform and increase the utility and versatility of RPA allowing the bot to decide when executing a repetitive task is not enough.
While IPA requires a greater investment of time and resources than RPA, IPA’s ability to apply learn from a previous context to subsequent contexts coupled with learning from human guidance and interactions gives the technology the potential for cost and process improvements way beyond those of RPA. But that is not all,
If the IPA bot is trained by observing human employees doing a similar task, the bot will be able to extrapolate missing or incomplete data and continue the task to completion.
- Machine Learning
- Process Structured or Unstructured data
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) commonly known as Speech recognition.
- Data Extraction - analyze and mine unstructured content for useful information.
Our four steps to a successful RPA/IPA Project?
We, at Nebulai, can assist your organization to understand if automation via RPA / IPA is right for you. We can work with your business strategy team to define if there are challenges your organization is currently facing that RPA / IPA could solve. Our approach includes the following:
- Define an RPA/IPA Maturity Assessment and Roadmap
- Understand potential industry use cases and compare them against other successful use cases we have seen from the same or similar industries.
- Establish the right level of sponsorship for those selected use cases to ensure the success of these initiatives.
- Accelerate the impact of RPA/IPA initiative by targeting minimal risk, high return, and easily achievable initiatives first.
Have more questions? Please feel free to contact us at:
Our RPA/IPA Specialist team will be happy to have an initial no commitments conversation to help your organization get started with this disruptive technology.